Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yeah for garbage day!!





So The kids and I have a tradition every Thursday morning: We wait for the garbage man. Fun you say with sarcasm! But you should see the joy on the boys' faces when our dear, sweet garbage man pulls up. We get Brooklyn off to school and then we bundle up and sit outside to wait for the big garbage truck. We have been known to sit outside in the rain or snow for up to 45 minutes just to see that truck. Even better is that our garbage man knows we are waiting and he slows down, rolls down the window, honks, says "Hi boys" (which there are usually 3 or 4 boys due to my babysitting), and he makes our day. We love our garbage man and he gives us something to look forward to!! Yeah for garbage day!!

5 comments:

Erika said...

How cute! I forgot about trash day today...I wonder if my husband remembered. Little boys are so fun.

Missy said...

It's nice that you provide such great entertainment for your children. If you want maybe sometime I can tie sacks of garbage to my car and drive around for them.

Emma said...

That would be great Missy, the only problem is that we see your trash everyday and to tell you the truth, it just isn't that exciting anymore. But now you could bring your roller coaster to my driveway and that way we could get the ambulance to come to my house! Love Ya

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

People may think this is funny but my boys do the same thing! Although every now and then we miss the garbage man because he comes before we wake up!! You gotta love little boys (or at least I do!)

Abby said...

Hey Emma, How are you? We are doing good. Still in Bear Lake. My kids like garbage day also, but we have to take it to the dumpsters about a mile away. I added you to our blog, if thats ok?