Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I am presenting a challenge to all of you fellow bloggers. After a stressful day at my house, yes it happens, I get so tired of hearing myself say: NO! Stop it! Don't do that! Get out of there! Be nice! Time out! Say your sorry! Give her a love! and so on..... Well after counting how many times I say something along these lines in a one hour period I was amazed, over 45 times between my 3 kids.(maybe not that many but it sure feels like it!) So I am going to try and come with some nicer and more constuctive ways of stopping them from doing things that they shouldn't. So my challenge for you is to count how many times you say these things in an hour, or a day, if your not as mean as me. Then think about that number and see how you feel. I know that I wouldn't want to be told these things over and over again. But as a Mom what do we do or say? So please help me out by giving me your suggestions on how to "nicely" talk (yell) at my children. Can you tell it has been long day? and it is only 3:00! Get home Neil!!!!

1 comments:

Des said...

I have decided that it makes me feel better if I say a please or an I love you with the scolding. Wether or not it makes him feel better I do. And a smile so they dont think you hate them. You just keep thinking that one day they will get it and all that yelling will have paid off. My advice may not be the best I'm only on my first and he's only one.